Workshop: Humans of Commerce and the Contemporary World
Directors Eduardo Bernal and Jorge A. Vargas of Teatro Línea de Sombra
Festival Room, Memorial Union B196, 800 Langdon St.
Sunday, October 8, 2017 - 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Workshop Objectives:
- To introduce the repertoire’s process of creation by the group Teatro Línea de Sombra
- To consider through critical questions and visual prompts like the 19th century depiction of The Man of Commerce, the possible ways to either improvise a scene or how to delve into dramaturgical or reflexive writing.
- Explore Teatro Línea de Sombra’s unique methodology that stresses the key concepts of the referent, conviviality, experience, the argument, and the image.
- Compose either a short scene or write a reflexive artistic/academic argument that fuses TLS’ approach to maps, biopolitics, the body, and the environment.
- Priority for the workshop will be given to PhD minors and MA certificates in the Transdisciplinary Study of Visual Cultures. However, we welcome applications from across all disciplines.
For more details: https://cvc.wisc.edu/programs/teatro-linea-de-sombra/