This special eight-week course is designed for people wishing to study beginning Brazilian Portuguese.
Enrollment is open to graduate students, faculty, other researchers, and advanced undergraduates (with permission), from any institution, and will be useful to those who need to develop communication skills and reading knowledge for research. Enrollment is limited to 18 students.
The Institute will take place at the University of Wisconsin-Madison during the eight-week summer session, June 18-August 10, 2018. Instruction is five days a week, four hours a day and the course (listed as Portuguese 301-302) carries 8 semester credits. Knowledge of Spanish or another Romance language is required (2-3 years equivalency).
- A limited number of Title VI FLAS Fellowships may be available to graduate and advanced undergraduates, in conjunction with the Institute.
- Summer Term Tuition Rates
- Summer Term Housing information will be posted on the University Housing website in February.
- To be added to the 2018 Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute mailing list, send your name and e-mail address to Felecia Lucht, Director of the Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes.
- For updates and announcements, follow the Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute at UW-Madison on Facebook.
For specific questions about the summer Institute, contact Professor Ellen Sapega of the Department of Spanish & Portuguese at UW-Madison.
To apply for the summer institute, please email the completed application form found at the bottom of this page to the WISLI Director, Dr. Felecia Lucht.
The Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute is sponsored by the Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program (LACIS) and the Department of Spanish & Portuguese at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.