Admission to the School of Business required prior to declaring this Certificate!
- Students must complete the following Spanish courses for a total of 15 credits:
- Spanish 329, Spanish for Business
- Spanish 359, Spanish Business Area Studies
- Spanish 361 or Spanish 363
- Two courses at the 300-400 level in Language, Culture/Civilization, or Literature
- Any additional coursework at the 300-400 level necessary to bring total credits to 15.
A block is placed on Spanish 329 and 359 for registering purposes. If you plan to earn the Certificate in Spanish Studies for Business Majors, you must declare your certificate at least one week prior to your assigned class registration time. No exceptions to this rule. If you do not declare your certificate at least one week prior to your registration time, you will likely need to wait until a later semester to take either of these classes.
Please note that at least six of these credits must be taken while physically on the UW-Madison campus.
Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all required courses.
Although not required, candidates for this certificate are strongly encouraged to participate in the Business Internship Program offered by the School of Business or to seek an equivalent internship experience in Spain or another Spanish-speaking country.